The Excellence in Program Innovation Award recognizes services and programs provided by a hospice organization that demonstrate the power of creativity and ingenuity to impact the practice and the community. Highlighting innovative services and programs through the Excellence in Program Innovation Award not only rewards the accomplishments of hospice programs, but also challenges others to adapt inspirational ideas to their own programs and communities. Sharing and celebrating creative care establishes “best practices” that propel all of us forward.
Excellence in Program Innovation awards are given in two categories:
Excellence in Program Innovation – Community Outreach
Excellence in Program Innovation – Clinical Practice
Nomination Deadline: April 1.
Please prepare the following items for your nomination.
- The requested contact and biographical information for the nominated team and nominator.
- An essay (less than two pages) which includes all of the following information:
- Identify the original need or problem that inspired the new program.
- Identify the objectives for the innovation.
- Identify the skills, resources or talent needed to accomplish the program.
- Describe the steps used to implement the program.
- How does the program measure success? What were the positive outcomes?
- What are the practical applications for other hospice programs? How would other hospice and palliative programs benefit from this innovation as a best practice examples.
3. A separate summary (150 words or less) for publication in the event program.
4. Supportive material directly relevant to the nominated program. (Examples: manuals, brochures, forms, digital photographs, etc.)
- Nominated programs must have been in existence for a minimum of one year.
- Nominations must be approved by the department manager and the agency CEO (or designee).
- The nominator is responsible for soliciting and compiling ALL required nomination materials and for submitting the completed nomination forms (please see step 4).
- The nominated service/program must be predominantly the direct work of hospice staff, not solely the work of outside organizations or consultants.
Excellence in Program Innovation: Clinical Practice
Excellence in Program Innovation: Community Outreach