The Hospice Heart Award recognizes an individual or team who, through their daily outlook and teamwork encapsulate the “heart of hospice”. They may not work at the bedside, but their work every day points to compassion, integrity, and the primary care for the family during their time of need. The pandemic has only strained resources both organizational and personal, and having a clear head and fresh eyes to the hospice mission is necessary in approaching their daily work . Whether piloting a new program, streamlining a process or discovering a better way to provide a service, the recipient of this award advances the mission of hospice and provides a path for others to follow.
Nomination Close: April 8.
Please prepare the following items to complete this nomination.
- The requested contact and biographical information for the nominator and the nominee.
- An essay (less than 2 pages long) which includes all of the following information:
- A definition of what the “Heart” of Hospice is.
- A summary of why this individual or team is being nominated that includes two examples of having a Hospice Heart.
- Any headshot or images that can be used during the Awards program.
- Nominees must have a minimum of two years hospice experience.
- Individuals must be nominated by their hospice (cannot self-nominate).
- Nominations must be approved by the department manager and the agency CEO (or designee).
- The nominator is responsible for soliciting and compiling all required nomination materials and for submitting the completed nomination forms. The submission of supporting materials is encouraged, but not required.
- Nominees may not be currently serving on the FHPCA Awards of Excellence Selection Committee.
Nominations are CLOSED