The Catalyst Award recognizes an individual in any role within an organization who has consistently demonstrated leadership in forging the collaboration that makes hospice unique. This individual seeks excellence not only in his/her field, but also in cooperation with other disciplines. He/she fosters collaboration and brings teams together to the betterment of his/her organization. This award celebrates the spirit of collaboration within a hospice organization. As hospice is the sum of many parts working together to care for patients and families, this award honors individuals who lead across disciplines and foster teamwork within their sphere of influence.
Nomination Deadline: April 1.
Please prepare the following items to complete this nomination.
- The requested contact and biographical information for the nominator and the nominee.
- An essay (less than 2 pages long) which includes all of the following information:
- Identify your nominee and their role in the agency.
- Discuss the work of the nominee and the impact this work has on other people, teams or the agency as a whole.
- Describe the benefits or achievements that the nominee brings to the agency. (Examples: cost savings, new innovation, streamlined processes, improved morale, etc.)
- Give specific examples of how the nominee exemplifies, fosters and facilitates teamwork and collaboration.
- Describe any challenges or hurdles that the nominee faced and how they were overcome.
- What lessons or practical applications can other hospice professionals learn from this nominee?
- A separate summary (150 words or less) for publication in the events program.
- 3-5 photographs of the nominee.
Examples: headshot, nominee “in action”, processing bill at desk, as a team, or the results of your nomination project.
- Nominees must have a minimum of two years hospice experience.
- Individuals must be nominated by their hospice (cannot self-nominate).
- Nominations must be approved by the department manager and the agency CEO (or designee).
- The nominator is responsible for soliciting and compiling all required nomination materials and for submitting the completed nomination forms. The submission of supporting materials is encouraged, but not required.
- Nominees may not be currently serving on the FHPCA Awards of Excellence Selection Committee.