The Breakthrough Award recognizes an individual or team who, through their efforts to research and implement new ideas, has improved hospice care. Whether piloting a new program, streamlining a process or discovering a better way to provide a service, the recipient of this award advances the mission of hospice and provides a path for others to follow.
Nomination Deadline: April 1.
Please prepare the following items for your nomination.
- The requested contact and biographical information for the individual or team nominated and the nominator.
- An abstract (250 words or less) which includes ALL the following information:
- A summary of the problem addressed or inspiration for the project.
- The objectives of the research.
- Brief explanation of methodology
- Results, conclusions and recommendations
- A separate summary (150 words or less) for publication in the event program.
- 3-5 photographs of the nomination project.
Examples: nominee project “in action”, individuals or as a team, or the results of your nomination project.
- Ability to upload a graphic of the research project poster. [poster recommendations and guide]
- Nominated programs must have been in existence for a minimum of one year.
- Nominations must be approved by the department manager and the agency CEO (or designee).
- The nominator is responsible for soliciting and compiling ALL required nomination materials and for submitting the completed nomination forms (please see step 4).
- The nominated service/program must be predominantly the direct work of hospice staff, not solely the work of outside organizations or consultants.