Networking Roundtable – More Than Just Small Talk

Are you the type that gets pumped up when you get the chance to network? Or are the type the moans at the idea of having to endure meaningless small talk?

Regardless of which type you are, you can get excited about Forum 2012’s “Networking Roundtable” because unlike other networking sessions you’ve been to before, this one not only provides a chance for you to meet like-minded people, but it is also delivers an opportunity for you to discuss relevant topics, chosen by you and your peers, that are facilitated by experts in your field. So bring your business cards and thinking caps, because Forum’s Networking Roundtable is more than just small talk.

We need your help! Tell us what issues matter most to you by providing your topic suggestion in the comment section below. This will help our facilitators in making this conversation and experience a meaningful one.

This session is for:

14 thoughts on “Networking Roundtable – More Than Just Small Talk”

1. I work in Community Outreach and we’re always trying to think of ways in which to increase length of stay. I’d like to see a discussion around that.

2. Health Information ideas: HIPAA/HITECH including Privacy and Security of Electronic Health Record; ROI (Release of Information)-special considerations for hospices in Florida; ICD-10 transitions; Health Information collaboration with community partners-e.g. physicians, hospitals, nursing facilities; Electronic Health Records-document management systems and client data corrections; general management of health information and patient records in hospice, including considerations related to CMS regulations, state regs, Joint Commission, FHPC, NHPCO.

3. Topic I suggest is “How to effectively buy/use television advertising” and “How to add video” to your web site.
    I can speak and show examples from Hospice of Palm Beach County and Hospice of the Golden Isles.
    Bob Gibson 561-758-8482.

4. Sandy Rex, RN BSN Mrg Qapi

Idea for roundtable discussion…Falls Prevention Programs..What is working, how do you measure success, what statistics are you tracking, what inspires your staff you embrace your program, are families receptive to interventions? Falls prevention is a major focus of the The Joint Commision National Patient Safety Goals 2012! It would be great to hear what others are doing!

5. Coding for Hospice – Impact of ICD-10 and How to Prepare
    Evaluation and Management Reporting for physician services
    Electronic Health Records and E-Discovery
    Health Information Exchange (HIE)
    HIPAA and Release of Information Charging

6. Discipline: Human Resources
    Topic idea: Retention – Best Practices for Retaining Top Performers Amidst Changing Economic Conditions

7. Fund Development – Topic idea – How to garner stories that do not violate HIPPA, but that express the mission of the work we are trying to fund and how to frame them for the community. We need to be able to remind the community why we do the work we do and stories compel them to help. Would also like to discuss some photo ideas to accompany the stories.

8. My dream has been to have an Electronic Health Record that is complete and accurate. One that is easy to use by the whole organization and provides timely information and staticics to all departments at their fingertips. One that enhances patient and family comfort and care, increases clinician efficiency at the POC and in their documentation, ensures the integrity of the data collected at the point of entry and thoughout the system, and provides accurate electronic billing that is easy to use and modify to comply with rate and format changes. A discussion of how well the EHR that participants have fulfils that dream might be constructive and beneficial.

9. We encounter reluctance to utilize Point of Care (POC) devices in the home and clinicians are spending lots of time documenting after a patient visit. I think the problem might be a lack of proper training and/or poor hardware response or software design. A discussion of training methods that have proven, or might be, effective and the experiences of others with their software and hardware used for POC could be helpful.

10. Thank you all for your participation and great topic ideas. We’re looking forward to some in depth discussions at the Networking Roundtable. Tomorrow we will announce the winner, so stay tuned!

Comments are closed.