FHPCA is working with our hotel, program members and partner vendors to make the 2021 Forum a great event. We are implementing social distancing pathways and classrooms and will enforce mask wearing.
These are the reasons FHPCA has decided to move forward with the annual Forum:
- Our event hotel, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, is taking appropriate, protective steps to increase their onsite precautionary measures. Click HERE to learn more about Hilton’s CleanStay initiative.
- FHPCA will provide additional resources and supplies for attendees to promote a safe (and healthy) event. Including a screening station on site to ensure the safety and wellness of attendees.
- We are optimistic that unless there is a huge number of member programs are unable to participate or are enforcing travel bans, we will be able to come together as a hospice community for a great event.
FHPCA Safe Event Policy:
- Social Distancing measures will be in place throughout event.
- Masks are required in all public areas of the hotel and meeting spaces unless eating or drinking
- Classrooms and plenary seating will be 6 feet apart (1 chair for every 6 foot table)
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the public areas of hotel and ballroom
- Hotel staff will serve food and beverage masked and gloved
- All food will be served in an individual portion, closed container
- All classrooms will be equipped with self-serve sanitation stations AND be refreshed each night by Hilton ‘s Event Ready CleanStay protocols
- Registration will be minimal interaction and include a self-designation lanyard color code system to confirm each attendees comfort level including:
- RED: No contact, no exceptions
- YELLOW: Cautious contact, please remain 6 feet or more distant
- GREEN: Contact-friendly including high-fives and handshakes
Factors that could change our mind
- A government ban on private travel (and Federal Declaration of Emergency)
- Closure of the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- The majority of participating program members have an active travel ban during the time of our event.
- CDC or WHO change their travel advisories to include Florida or the Orlando area.
FHPCA and the Forum Planning Committee is committed to the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors and vendors. We will continue to communicate about these issues as the situation changes. If you have any questions related to the Forum, please email the FHPCA office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877.783.1922 .