The Excellence in Clinical Practice Award recognizes a clinician who has attained outstanding achievements in the direct provision of care to patients and families. This professional demonstrates peer leadership and exemplifies the provision of the highest quality of hospice and palliative care. Whether a nurse, social worker, chaplain, aides or therapist or other clinician, the Excellence in Clinical Practice winner is an example of the finest care hospice provides.
Please prepare the following items for your nomination.
- The requested contact and biographical information for the nominator and nominee.
- An essay (less than two pages long) which includes all of the following:
- Examples of personal leadership and exceptional service or creativity demonstrated by the nominee in their role.
- Specific ways the nominee demonstrates and promotes communication, cooperation and collaboration within their team, department and hospice organization.
- Description of how the nominee’s qualities, actions and work have promoted the advancement of excellence in hospice/palliative care.
- Examples of how the nominee promotes interorganizational relationships.
- A separate summary (150 words or less) for publication in the event program.
- At least one digital photo of the nominee.
*Please note: The name of this award was previously Excellence in Interdisciplinary Practice.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Nominees must have a minimum of two years hospice and/or palliative care experience.
- Individuals must be nominated by their hospice (cannot self-nominate). Nominations must be approved by the department manager and the agency CEO (or designee).
- The nominator is responsible for soliciting and compiling all required nomination materials and for submitting the completed nomination forms. The submission of supporting materials is encouraged, but not required.
- Nominees may not be currently serving on the FHPCA Awards of Excellence Selection Committee.
- Nominators may be asked to participate in a telephone interview with the Awards of Excellence Selection Committee.